Sunday, September 6, 2009

Monday's the new Saturday, abridged...

Arg! I just lost my whole post due to a proxy timeout... this latest internet blockade caused by the Xinjiang (Uyghur) unrest is quite the headache. It was supposedly agitated by a series of "syringe attacks" that have so far yielded zero actual cases of getting stabbed. Much (racist) ado about nothing.

Anyway, to briefly sum up what I'd spent the last 45 minutes typing (arg! Autosave, where ARE you?!), I currently enjoying my "weekend" of Monday and Tuesday after a long and eventful Saturday and Sunday of class observation and occasion bouts of teaching when one of the Chinese teachers had to run out about 10 minutes early. It went fine :)

Last night I met and went out on the town with three of the other new hires at the little grungy hotel we're all calling "home" temporarily. We went out to Huaihai Middle Rd. and found a nice expat bar with 10RMB gin/vodka tonics... which is incredibly cheap, even for China. Then we got a midnight snack at one of the 24 hr Western-style diners... did I mention I'm enjoying this city so far?

Anyway, I'm now finishing up a relaxing brunch at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf cafe across the street from HQ after finishing up a few minor errands for today. Since I was out rather late last night, I think a nap may well be in order... and a movie. I started Cars last night, so maybe I'll finish that up.

Cheers til next time...

(CS) TAW Out.

every color goes where you do

2 comments:

  1. Hope the Apt hunt is going better:) Nice to see your blog is up and running! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf?- if this is the same as here in the states, LOVE their lattes and lemon-poppyseed scones... looks like Shanghai life if far better already! :-) Tracy

    ReplyDelete