Monday, November 3, 2008

Round about the cauldron go...

Halloween Party Pics!

Friday was, by all accounts a banner-year for Halloween festivities in Wenzhou. From 3 - count 'em - 3 foreign teachers doing seperate units on the history and celebrations of the holiday, to the first annual WZMC Halloween English Club Party (complete with gourds/grapefruits to carve!), and - of course - the obligatory Expat costume party extravaganza (which swamped the underprepared La Luna staff - I guess last year their party had drawn all of 10 people)... it was a fun night!




Me in my full costume. I wore the shirt to school, much to my students' delight. No facepaint though.

(Note: I made the shirt myself! And the facepaint is self-applied watercolor... so don't judge it too harshly... It was constructed with love, and in adverse conditions. They don't have ANY costumed holidays here, and so, no costume shops)









The psychotic Chinese girl, and the skeleton. Honestly, I'm not sure which one looks scarier...













Nancy and some crazy masked dude.













Group Shot! This was the greater bulk of the costumed persons, though not everyone :)












SUUUUPER Caeser (wrist-flop), the cheating husband, Jack Skellington, and Gandalf the Triclops











Now do you understand why I'm seeing a Chinese girl?! NOW DO YOU SEE?!?!

Makes you want to gouge your eyes out, no?














My very own Gourd O'Lantern!












Nancy and hetero-Caesar
















I told her to dress up... I think she took it the wrong way... oh well...















A contemplative skeleton...













This adorable little girl was here with her mom, and absolutely loved my jack'o'lantern... she kept wanting to look inside to see how it glowed! So cute!
















And of course, Satan made his obligatory appearance. This being such a satanic holiday and all. Not realizing he had arrived, I said something along the lines of "Man, I'd sell my soul for another G&T!"

... whoops...










And since I am dead, I can take off my head

2 comments:

  1. My son,
    ....there is a great difference between 'teaching' and providing a person with the opportunity to learn. We teach children how to read, swim and other skills they would never accomplish on their own. With adults, you only provide opportunities to drink from the trough of knowledge.... but be careful, as a wise sage once wrote.... 'you can lead a horse to water, but some of them will drown...'

    Dad

    PS.... Having grown up in the south, beware of the phenomenon call 'Southern stupid'....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris-
    LOVED your Halloween costume... you drew that??? Can I put my order in for next years costumes? : )

    love,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete